Come join our team and help us grow. Check out our current job posting below.
Complete and sign the application from the link below if you are interested in a specific posted job opportunity. Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or sent to our mailing address at P.O. Box 191, Bakersfield, CA 93302, Attn: HR. Applications can also be picked up and dropped off at 3530 Buck Owens Blvd, Bakersfield, CA 93308.
Job Title: Class A Truck Driver
Reports to: Day/Swing Supervisor
Shift: Days & Weekends (Hourly Position)
SUMMARY: Drives a flatbed semi-truck and/or Bobtail truck to transport and deliver products and materials in loose or packaged form. Loading and unloading of trucks and assist where needed within the yard. Has daily interaction with customers and end-users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives loaded truck to various destinations including Los Angeles area, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations.
- Inspects trucks for defects before and after trips.
- Maintain logs of daily deliveries (Paper and Electronic).
- May assist other workers in loading and unloading trucks.
- Uses Straps/Chains to strap material.
- Inspects load to make sure it is safe and secure.
- Operates a forklift to load and unload materials.
- Performs preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Ensures maintenance on truck is done on a regular and timely basis.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as require.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED equivalency and 2 years of recent experience driving a flatbed semi-truck and Bobtail truck with proper strapping/chaining methods for securing various metal material loads. Knowledge of various metal related materials is a plus.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English. Bilingual skills in English and Spanish are highly desirable. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Customer service skills. Ability to work in a safe manner.
CERTIFICATES LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid California Class A drivers’ license with acceptable/insurable DMV driving record based on Company’s insurance requirements and upon hire, the passing of Jim’s Steel Supply, LLC Record of Road test for a Class A and Class B vehicle. Must be on Jim’s Steel Supply Approved Drivers List. Forklift certification.