Come join our team and help us grow. Check out our current job posting below.
Complete and sign the application from the link below if you are interested in a specific posted job opportunity. Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or sent to our mailing address at P.O. Box 191, Bakersfield, CA 93302, Attn: HR. Applications can also be picked up and dropped off at 3530 Buck Owens Blvd, Bakersfield, CA 93308.
Job Title: Inside Sales
Department: Sales Dept.
Reports to: Steel Sales Manager
Shift: Days & Weekends (Hourly Position)
SUMMARY: Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. Receives (by telephone, fax, in person or email) requests for quotations, orders from customers. Makes quotations on items, writes orders, and relays pertinent order information to customers. Coordinates with other departments in handling purchase orders and providing quality service to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Make and receive sales phone calls, handle counter walk-in sales and pick-ups.
- Answer questions regarding product features and options
- Identify additional sales opportunities by up-selling, cross-selling, add-on, and promotional selling.
- Prepares and presents sales quotations
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposit or payments, or arrange for billing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of order economics and cost-benefit analysis resulting in consistently profitable orders
- Communicate with purchasing, production, and dispatch to provide customers with accurate lead times and inventory status continue to monitor through end of sale.
- Receives requests through various means for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations directly from customers, manufacturers, and distributors.
- Achieves and maintains rapport with customers and works to give them the best possible service.
- Operates various equipment including but not limited to Class C Company Vehicles to provide excellent customer service
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D equivalency and three (3) years of Customer Service experience in a related field/industry or bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field (Industrial Business) and one (1) year of Customer Service experience in a related field/industry.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization utilizing excellent verbal, written, and customer service skills. Working knowledge in UGI or similar enterprise software. Bilingual Skills in English/Spanish are highly desirable. Good math skills and computer skills.